Saturday, August 18, 2012

Let's Post More Comments on the News Sites

Starting a new post rather than commenting because this is important!

Our plight with eBay is being reported across the nation, NBC, ABC, the LA Times and many others have picked up the story. Some treat it humorously but others are more serious. We need to find these articles and post our responses. I can't do it alone-I've spent hours today commenting and sending out news links to sites. If we are going to move eBay at all, we need more positive press making them look bad.
This one takes it half seriously.
http://www.wired.com/business/2012/08/ebay-bans-intangible-items-including-spells-curses-and-advice/

This one is widely read-
http://discussions.latimes.com/20/lanews/la-fi-mo-ebay-supernatural-ban-20120816/10?

Huffington Post is very influential--lots of positive comments--PLUS you can email copies direct to eBay from the page.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/16/ebay-bans-sale-of-magic-s_n_1789508.html?show_comment_id=178574414#es_share_ended

A popular site--lots of comments
http://news.yahoo.com/the-10-craziest-items-you-can-t-sell-on-ebay.html

He makes some good points--
http://blog.storefleet.com/2012/08/17/ebay-nixes-hexes-quells-spells/#respond

To find others just google 'eBay banning psychics' or 'eBay banning spells and magic'-there are many going up.

Also-I reached out to several UK based Meta Sellers. I did post on the board link Bewitched posted telling them we had made the National news and to join in but my post was pulled and I was reprimanded in under 5 minutes. Oh well! Not the first time I've been 'pink slapped' on a discussion board!

We need to keep the pressure on eBay!

I'll be adding a new batch of emails for eBay employees JAT just finished formatting very soon too.

I know we are all stressed and tired but lets all understand that we ALL are in this together and need to work together for a positive outcome to this situation.

Here is a copy of one of the comments I have been posting---it is taking a different approach-our financial harm. People can relate to that.


I understand some people do not believe and see us as fakers and frauds but our Alternative, Occult, New Age and Pagan beliefs are just as valid as other faiths and ideologies. Believe in magick, energy work and psychic abilities or don't. I'm not trying to convince you. Millions of people DO believe. Each to their own.

I want to address this another way. One many of you might understand better.

Ebay is financially harming hundreds if not thousands of individuals and their families. This was many peoples livelihood and sole business and income. They made eBay their business or rather, they made and grew their businesses ON eBay.

These people have spent YEARS being loyal to eBay, growing a good customer base and providing excellent customer service. I myself gave up a very lucratrive business over 4 years ago to devote myself full time to my eBay clients/business. I work with a group of elderly long time Practitioners of various Paths, Vodou/Voodoo, Wicca, etc.... We sell charged tools, empowered items, charms, charged candles and energized jewelry, etc.... The money we make allows them to practice their faith and calling full time.

I personally pay eBay and Paypal in excess of 2,000 PER MONTH IN FEES. That means in 4 years I have given eBay close to 100,000 dollars in fees. I know other Metaphysical sellers who pay TWICE and more what I do a month.

Yet eBay, after our loyalty, some sellers for 6 to 8 years even, they tell us to leave with only a month's notice. And, not even a true notice-they hide their banning of our items and services in pages of clickable links to other pages which I discovered just last week by accident. A full 99% of the metaphysical sellers I contacted had never even SEEN the new rule buried in pages of updates and small print. This is inexcusable on eBay's part as far as I and many others are concerned.

SHAME ON EBAY!

I also should point out that back in approx. 2005/2006, eBay actually featured the metaphysical category--focusing on it as a rapidly growing and dynamic category with great potential. They in effect 'courted' these very same sellers they are now banning and financially harming.

They say WE are costing them money? I ask HOW when we pay HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of DOLLARS a year in fees. The majority of us have 14 to 30 day or longer refund policies and many happy and repeat customers. I personally have several thousand feedback and only ONE negative for a 20 dollar item because the woman did not get my email with some instructions right away. I have ONLY ever had two charge backs-from a scammer who hit several sellers. A lost package? A duplicate item is sent right out!

Again I say SHAME ON EBAY!

We stood with you when other sellers left in droves for Amazon, Etsy and other venues, yet you do THIS to us!

2 comments:

  1. I responded to the Wired article since it attacked me personally throughout. Of course, no one does their own research these days, so now that same article (along with the MagickandMysticism bashing) is being quoted all over the place. Looks like I finally made the "big time."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im trying to fight back as much as I can with this article I created with PR help. http://news.yahoo.com/hope-way-online-metaphysical-market-ebay-bans-sales-172214181.html

    ReplyDelete